run issue: "Could not create DMS client"

Issues related to installation of ADL
wzchen

run issue: "Could not create DMS client"

Post by wzchen »

The ADL has been built sucessfully. However, when I run test script.
I got the following errors:

Running ./ProSdrViirsController.exe /data/smcd/viirs_spa/ADL4.0/CSPP/ADL/cfg/dynamic/withMetadata/ProSdrViirsControllerLwFile.xml...
ProCmnAppl[ProCmnViirsAppl]::initDMSClient() [0x7fffc4417340] ROOT PRO_FAIL Could not create DMS client: Invalid instance path from file ProCmnAppl.cpp, line 595

Running ./ProSdrViirsSolarDiffuser.exe /data/smcd/viirs_spa/ADL4.0/CSPP/ADL/cfg/dynamic/withMetadata/ProSdrViirsSolarDiffuserLwFile.xml...
ProCmnAppl[ProCmnViirsAppl]::initDMSClient() [0x7fffca107950] ROOT PRO_FAIL Could not create DMS client: Invalid instance path from file ProCmnAppl.cpp, line 595

I go the same error message from Virtual machine too:

Running ./ProSdrViirsController.exe /home/scientist/CSPP/ADL/cfg/dynamic/withMetadata/ProSdrViirsControllerLwFile.xml...
ProCmnAppl[ProCmnViirsAppl]::initDMSClient() [0x7fff0a132020] ROOT PRO_FAIL Could not create DMS client: Invalid instance path from file ProCmnAppl.cpp, line 595

Running ./ProSdrViirsSolarDiffuser.exe /home/scientist/CSPP/ADL/cfg/dynamic/withMetadata/ProSdrViirsSolarDiffuserLwFile.xml...
ProCmnAppl[ProCmnViirsAppl]::initDMSClient() [0x7fff8852e5b0] ROOT PRO_FAIL Could not create DMS client: Invalid instance path from file ProCmnAppl.cpp, line 595

./ProSdrViirsBrightPixel.exe_localhost.localdomain_28806.log did not complete successfully.
./ProSdrViirsController.exe_localhost.localdomain_28808.log did not complete successfully.
./ProGipViirsMonthlyPostCompDispatcher.exe_localhost.localdomain_28802.log did not complete successfully.
./ProGipViirsGranToGridMonthlySRBTVI.exe_localhost.localdomain_28794.log did not complete successfully.
./ProGipViirsNbarNdviDispatcher.exe_localhost.localdomain_28804.log did not complete successfully.
./ProGipViirsDSRInitDispatcher.exe_localhost.localdomain_28790.log did not complete successfully.
./ProGipViirsGranToGridDSR.exe_localhost.localdomain_28792.log did not complete successfully.
./ProGipViirsLSADispatcher.exe_localhost.localdomain_28798.log did not complete successfully.
./ProGipViirsMonthlyInitDispatcher.exe_localhost.localdomain_28800.log did not complete successfully.
./ProGipViirsGranToGridSnowIceCover.exe_localhost.localdomain_28796.log did not complete successfully.

Does anyone know what's wrong with it? Thanks a lot.
kbisanz

Re: run issue: "Could not create DMS client"

Post by kbisanz »

Inside of ProSdrViirsControllerLwFile.xml and ProSdrViirsSolarDiffuserLwFile.xml there are <inputPath> and <outputPath> tags. The value of those are the input path(s) and output path for your algorithm. Note that environment variables can be used, but must be contained in curly braces. For example: ${MY_VAR}. Multiple input paths can be separated by a colon. For example:

Code: Select all

<inputPath>${MY_VAR}/aDir:${MY_VAR}/bDir</inputPath>
I suspect one of the paths in not a valid path on disk.

Have you downloaded/installed any data? If not, that's probably your issue. You need to get some data.

Inside of $ADL_HOME/log, the algorithm should have written a log file. That should give more information. A word of warning, the log file is very verbose.
Kevin Bisanz
Raytheon Company
wzchen

Re: run issue: "Could not create DMS client"

Post by wzchen »

Thanks Kbisanz!
The problem has been solved. It was because of the wrong output path. Also, the log file was very helpful to locate the errors. All soft links in the output directory were invalid. I am not sure how it happened? But, after I changed Lwfile and fixed the soft link, ADL was running fine. Thanks again.