ADL4.1 User Guide

Issues related to installation of ADL
jhuangadl

ADL4.1 User Guide

Post by jhuangadl »

Do we have a user manule for the ADL4.1 yet?
I assume the way the ancillary data are prepared for the aerosol code is vastly different from ADL4.0. Any documents that talk about this in details?
I did not see any user guide/manual in the VA ADL4.1.
Do we have to wait until the ADL workshop to figure everything out?
Thanks!
Jingfeng
bhenders

Re: ADL4.1 User Guide

Post by bhenders »

Jingfeng,

The ADL Users Manuals sort of got caught up in various contractural distribution issues and could not be delivered with ADL 4.1 as a combined package. However, these manuals have now been released to NASA and I believe NASA can now redistribute them. I've sent off an email to Paul Meade and Scott Mindock asking if this is true and if they can make them available in the virtual appliance. I'm not sure that I understand your comment about ancillary data being vastly different in ADL 4.1. If you are denoting the automatic execution of ancillary algorithms in the Aerosol process, then yes creating ancillary data is much easier in 4.1. With regards to what ancillary data is needed by aerosols and the format, this is the same in ADL 4.1 as 4.0. ADL 4.1 just makes the creation of missing ancillary data more automatic, though that automation comes with the need to have a valid NCEP-ANC-Int file available for the granule(s) you are trying to process.

Thanks,

Bryan Henderson
Raytheon Company
jhuangadl

Post by jhuangadl »

Thank you , Bryan, for your kind explanations.
I am testing the ADL4.1 VA now. I also learned last time that it will have a user friendly interface. Really fancy to know more about it, and a user guide will be extremely helpful before the ADL workshop.
Thanks!
jhuangadl

Post by jhuangadl »

Hi Bryant,
Any chance you can tell us earlier that how to initiate the user friendly interface feature with ADL4.1?
BTW, the ancillary data granulation part works beautifully with the aerosol code.
Thanks,
jingfeng
scottm

Post by scottm »

The manual is available on the download page of the WIKI as of this morning.
jhuangadl

Post by jhuangadl »

Thanks, Scott. Got the manuals. :)