Memory Issue for Virtual Appliance ADL4.1

Issues related to installation of ADL
jhuangadl

Memory Issue for Virtual Appliance ADL4.1

Post by jhuangadl »

Whenever I start the VA ADL4.1, it always alerts me that the memory is not sufficient and ask me whether I want to reduce memory from 16000 to 8300. So far it seems working fine even with the reduced memory. But does this mean the memory requirements from ADL4.1 will be much higher than ADL4.0? Never met such problem with my ADL4.0 on the same machine.
bhenders

Re: Memory Issue for Virtual Appliance ADL4.1

Post by bhenders »

Scott Mindock will probably have to answer your question with regards to the memory alert issue with the virtual appliance. ADL 4.1 should not require any more memory than ADL 4.0 with regards to running an executable. In fact the memory footprint for all algorithm executables should be reduced in ADL 4.1 as we added an ADL configuration to override producing both endian outputs, regardless of what the algorithm configuration file says at the time. So with regards to the production of outputs the memory footprint needed for those has been reduced over ADL 4.0, as by default it only produces the endian output for the native platform, whereas in ADL 4.0 it was still producing both outputs.

Hopefully someone from the University of Wisconsin can respond about the virtual appliance memory alert versus ADL 4.0.

Thanks,

Bryan Henderson
Raytheon Company