ADL4.1 EDR-VIIRS-cop inconsistency problem?

Issues related to installation of ADL
maki

ADL4.1 EDR-VIIRS-cop inconsistency problem?

Post by maki »

in the directory

CSPP/ADL/EDR/VIIRS/clouds/cop/src

There is a reference to a file called "internal.f" in the "Imakefile" and in "pfaast.f". However the file was not included when I used the installer to install ADL4.1 files.

Additionally, the "pfaast.f" file is inconsistent with the Mx6.3 release version, which does not include any references to "internal.f", and also contains additional lines of code.

I did not try copying the internal.f file which can be found on the Virtual Machine, but the compilation does work if I overwrite the ADL "pfaast.f" file with the IDPS version and modify the Imakefile accordingly.

I just wanted to point out a source of installation problem, and inquire about the deviation from the IDPS version of the code.

Thank you.
scottm

Re: ADL4.1 EDR-VIIRS-cop inconsistency problem?

Post by scottm »

The internal.f file comes from the pfast.f in the ADL disptribution. The origonal fortran file will not compile and link correctly with latter versions of GCC. The file was created by removing some. ( I beleive 2) subroutines from the pfast fortran file and making them into a seperate module. No logic was change, it was strickly changed to allow users with later versions of GCC to be able to compile and link the code.

The module itself and the change is included in the SSEC_ADL4_1.patch available on the download site. It is also in the Science Appliance.