The University of Wisconsin Space Science and Engineering Center (SSEC) is releasing a patch for the Community Satellite Processing Package (CSPP) GCOM-W1 AMSR-2 Algorithm Software Package (GAASP). This software was developed by NOAA/NESDIS/STAR, and is designed to create Sensor Data Records (SDRs) and Environmental Data Records (EDRs) from input AMSR-2 Level 1B and Level 1R inputs.
CSPP GAASP (currently version v2r2) has been adapted to run in a real-time environment by providing a convenient command-line interface that allows the execution of one or more of the software components from single or multiple SDR input files. CSPP-GAASP includes binary executable files, wrapper scripts and supporting static data files. Ingest and staging of any required dynamic ancillary data is handled automatically by CSPP-GAASP. A separate test data package can be downloaded for verifying a successful installation.
What is New in CSPP GAASP Version 1.0.1?
- A new GAASP Ocean Module script has been created in preparation for the Global Forecast System Version 16 (GFSv16) Numerical Weather Prediction (NWP) update that is scheduled to take place in March 2021. This perl script is backward compatible with the GFS files, so that it will work with both current and GFSv16 files. The patch can be applied on top of a CSPP GAASP Version 1.0 installation.
- Applies bias corrections and assigns an RFI flag to input L1B files.
- Sea Surface Temperatures, Sea Surface Winds, Cloud Liquid Water, Total Precipitable Water.
- Convective Precipitation, Surface Rain Rate.
- Land Cover Type, Soil Moisture.
- Snow Cover, Snow Depth.
- Ice Concentration, Multiyear Ice.
- Converts the GAASP-*.h5 output files described above to CF-compliant NetCDF4.
- Intel or AMD CPU with 64-bit instruction support,
16 GB RAM,
CentOS-6 64-bit Linux (or other compatible 64-bit Linux distribution),
25 GB of disk space (plus space for your own DB data and CSPP GAASP products).
- GCOM-W1 AMSR-2 Level-1B and Level-1R inputs.
Software, test data and installation instructions are all available at the CSPP download site. Please use the 'Contact Us' form from our website to submit any questions or comments to CSPP.
Kathy (For the CSPP Team)