Another problem with SDR v3.0

VIIRS Sensor Data Record
lubo

Another problem with SDR v3.0

Post by lubo »

Hi SSEC team,

I have just installed the SDR v3.0.3 software but it produces some errors when processing RDR data both from direct broadcast (using rt-stps v5.9) as well as from your test dataset. Processing the same data with SDR v2.2.3 works correctly. You can find attached output from processing VIIRS RDRs from your test dataset using both software versions.

Do you have any idea what could be wrong? I should mention that the SDR software is in our case embedded into MEOS Polar system but its installation should be in accordance with your installation guide.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Lubo
Attachments

[The extension txt has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

lubo

Re: Another problem with SDR v3.0

Post by lubo »

Hi,
It seems that my problem is caused by too old version of glibc library installed on our server (v2.11.3) that is incompatible with the new SDR software. Since I do not want to risk corruption of our system, I decided to install a newer version (v2.23) of the library only locally. Is there any way to use this local library with your software? I have already tried to modify the cspp_sdr_runtime.sh script by adding the local library path to LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable but without success. Or, is it necessary to upgrade the library in a standard way?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Lubo
kathys

Post by kathys »

Hello Lubo,

Sorry you are having problems with the SDR V3.0 software. Can you provide us with a little for information.

- Can you tell us what OS and hardware you are installing on?
- After you source your Environment setting script: source $CSPP_SDR_HOME/cspp_sdr_env.sh Will you please execute this command env > env.log and post the env.log file for us?

Thank you,

Kathy
lubo

Post by lubo »

Hello Kathy,

please, find below the requested information:

SUSE Linux Release 11 64-bit
Kernel Linux 3.0.101-0.7.17-default

HW:
HP ProLiant DL380p Gen8
Processor Intel Xeon(R) CPU E5-2650 v2 @ 2.60 GHz x 32
Memory 94 GB

Thanks.

Lubo
Attachments

[The extension log has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

kathys

Post by kathys »

Hello Lubo,

CSPP SDR Version 3.0 software will have problems executing on SUSE Linux systems because of the libraries that are now required as part of the underlying ADL package. The target platform supported by CSPP has always been CentOS6. We are working to remove these hard coded dependencies; we should have this resolved in the next release of the software. But right now, there is no easy solution to executing the software on SUSE Linux OS. I am sorry.

Kathy
lubo

Post by lubo »

Hello Kathy,

thank you for the clarification. I will wait for the next release of your software.

Lubo
lubo

Post by lubo »

Hello Kathy again,

I know that you recently released the new version SDR v3.1 but it seems that the OS libraries dependancy was not resolved yet. I still get similar errors as with previous version v3.0. Can I expect in the near future another release that will be compatible with our Linux (SUSE)? Otherwise I will have to look for a solution how to make this version run on our server (I know it should be possible).
Thanks.

Lubo
kathys

Post by kathys »

Hi Lubo,

We are looking into the problems that you have seen when trying to execute the SDR software on SUSE Linux. We thought we had resolved the library issues. I will let you know what we find. Sorry,

Kathy
lubo

Post by lubo »

Hi Kathy,

thanks for your precious help.

If it can help you, I attached also my output of SDR v3.1.1 from processing the test case and from the corresponding sdr_luts.sh script which was executed first (following the manual). As you can see, there are several errors in both outputs complaining about undefined symbol pthread_getname_np in the libInfCmnUtil.so library, the same that I get with the version v3.0.

I have tried to run the sdr_luts.sh script also with the -d switch to check log files but they were not useful (empty or containing just path to these empty log files).

It is probably not related to this problem but I noticed several broken links in the common/local and common/local/bin subdirectories pointing to non-existent paths /home/swuser/COTS_HOME/block2/lib/... and /home/swuser/COTS_HOME/block2/local/bin/... I guess these links are not used by the software..?

Lubo
Attachments

scottm

Post by scottm »

What version of libpthread.so.0 is installed on your system?