Any plans for 375 m fire hotspot products?

VIIRS Environmental Data Records
songhan89

Any plans for 375 m fire hotspot products?

Post by songhan89 »

Hi,

I would like to know if there are plans for CSPP to incorporate the 375 m fire hotspot products ? Currently the only way to get the 375m hotspot data is via the NASA DRL SPA.

Thanks.
kathys

Re: Any plans for 375 m fire hotspot products?

Post by kathys »

Hello,

We have just started working on packaging a new NOAA fire detection algorithm delivered to us by the team of Dr. Ivan Csiszar, NOAA Joint Polar Satellite System (JPSS) Product Lead for the operational VIIRS Active Fire product. Not sure yet if it includes VIIRS I-Band hot spot detection or not. Let me check, and post a response in the next couple of days. As a preliminary guess, I would expect us to release this new software in the first quarter of 2017.

Cheers,

Kathy
songhan89

Post by songhan89 »

Thanks Kathy !
kathys

Post by kathys »

The new software will create output products at M-Band resolution. We expect a future CSPP package release that includes I-Band resolution detections, but the time frame for that is yet to be determined.

Hope this helps, Kathy
smartwarner

Post by smartwarner »

I would like to know if there are plans for CSPP to incorporate the 375 m fire hotspot products ? Currently the only way to get the 375m hotspot data is via the NASA DRL SPA.
kathys

Post by kathys »

CSPP software supports VIIRS Active Fire Retrievals from NOAA21, NOAA20, and SNPP I-Band resolution (375m). Please see this most recent Forum post:

viewtopic.php?t=59785

Kathy