(CaduService) Frame Errors / APID Sequence Error

KWX

(CaduService) Frame Errors / APID Sequence Error

Post by KWX »

Good Morning,

I'm using cspp-geo-grb-0.4.6. I created a LINUX app to retrieve, process a BB frame(s), and extract CADU(s) in the order I get them from the receiver. I run the CADUs through a CRC16 check to ensure they're not corrupted and finally forward the CADU packets (size of 2048) to CSPPGEO.

Unfortunately, I'm getting quite a bit of missing segments and the logs state the following:

APID: 0x111 sequence error, counter: 4521
(CaduService) Frame Error, VCID: 6, VCFC: 4753135

Trying to figure out what would be the condition(s) that could cause this.

Thanks!!!
Kelvyn
tommyj

Re: (CaduService) Frame Errors / APID Sequence Error

Post by tommyj »

Hi Kelvyn - I'll have more time later this week to discuss this in detail, right now I'm attending a conference and have a talk to prepare.

We are planning to look at extending the CSPP software to process Baseband Frames, just as an FYI, but not until after our 1.0.0 release goes out, which
should be fairly soon.

Anyway, this error is telling you the software is missing/dropping CADUs.

(CaduService) Frame Error, VCID: 6, VCFC: 4753135

...means the frame count has jumped on the LHCP channel.

In a later version of the software 0.5.1, this error is much more informative, telling you the frame count of the last good CADU seen, and how many were lost.
KWX

Post by KWX »

Thanks Tommy for the reply. Hope you're enjoying the conference.

Glad that BB support could be a good possibility on the next update after 1.0.0.

Eagerly waiting your feedback after the conference. :D

Thanks again!!!
tommyj

Post by tommyj »

Hi Kelvyn -

Now that the MUG meeting is behind us we are back to working hard to get CSPP Geo GRB 1.0.0 out the door. With some key people out this week and next, I don't think that will go out until 2nd week in June. After that we'll be looking once again at processing Baseband Frames, but if there is anything you want to discuss in the meantime go ahead and post. Otherwise I'll give you a status update when we have new info.
KWX

Post by KWX »

Thanks Tommy for the feedback. I don't have any other items to discuss (yet).