The University of Wisconsin-Madison Space Science and Engineering Center (SSEC) has provided funding to rehabilitate core International MODIS/AIRS Processing Package (IMAPP) functionality. This software supports direct broadcast users of Terra and Aqua satellites. The updates will take place January 2021 through June 2021, and will culminate in a release of a new Direct Broadcast Virtual Machine (DBVM).
To initiate this effort, we are pleased to announce an updated IMAPP MODIS Level 2 products Version 3.1.2 release.
What is New in IMAPP MODIS Level 2 V3.1.2?
IMAPP MODIS Level 2 Version 3.1.2 includes the following changes:
- * Bug fix in ancillary data fetching scripts; failures were happening on some Linux bash shell versions.
* Infrared destriping coefficient updates.
* Updated science binaries that can be executed on long direct broadcast overpasses. The MODIS atmosphere science algorithms have not changed (MODIS Collect 6.1).
* New tarballs
IMAPP MODIS Level 2 supports the Creation of the Following Products From Aqua and Terra Level 1B inputs:
- * MODIS Cloud Mask (MOD35).
* MODIS Cloud Top Properties (MOD06CT) including Cloud Top Pressure, Cloud Top Temperature, Cloud Emissivity and Cloud Phase.
* MODIS Cloud Optical Properties (MOD06OD) including Cloud Effective Radius and Cloud Optical Thickness.
* MODIS Atmospheric Profiles (MOD07) including Total Column Water Vapor.
* MODIS Aerosols (MOD04) including Aerosol Optical Depth.
* A polar product suite consisting of:
- 1 km Snow Mask
1 km Ice Surface and Surrounding Water Temperatures
1 km Ice Cover and Ice Concentration
1 km Inversion Strength (C) and Inversion Depth (km)
IMAPP Near Infrared Total Column Water Vapor.
MODIS Cloud Mask First Byte easy to read product.
- 1 km Snow Mask
System requirements for the IMAPP MODIS Level 2 software are as follows:
- * Intel or AMD CPU with 64-bit instruction support,
* 4 GB RAM,
* CentOS 6 64-bit Linux (or other compatible 64-bit Linux distribution),
* 90 GB of disk space,
* Reliable internet connection (for downloading ancillary data).
You can download the MODIS Level 2 software from the IMAPP website at:
The University of Wisconsin IMAPP Team