happened again. run ADL4.1+Mx7.1 problems

Issues related to runtime execution of algorithms in ADL
kbisanz

Re: happened again. run ADL4.1+Mx7.1 problems

Post by kbisanz »

Where did you finally find the core files?

Trying using "anonymous" as both the user and password. Can you please upload the RDR giving you issues?

When you're in gdb, can you try typing "list"? Also try typing "print ptrs". I doubt either of those commands will work because debug info was probably not enabled. The reason it is probably not enabled is that debug info is disabled by default when optimization is turned on. If I remember you have optimization turned on.

If you want to debug the issue further, you will need to build some code in debug. You can try doing this:
Copy your current ADL install to another location
Change envSetup.ksh to the new ADL home location
source envSetup.ksh
cd $ADL_HOME/VIIRS/Geo/src
make clean
$ADL_HOME/build/make_one_imake.ksh -d
make src library program
cd $ADL_HOME/SDR/VIIRS/Controller/src
make clean
$ADL_HOME/build/make_one_imake.ksh -d
make src library program
Change the output path in your LW file.

Then you can run ProSdrViirsController.exe manually from the command line with the problem granule. If this is a random issue, you may need to run it repeatedly in a shell loop to hit the case. Be careful because you have 2 ADL installs, so make sure that ADL_HOME is set correctly. Also, be care about using the same output directory for each ADL install.

I have not tried the above, but it *should* work. It should allow you to experiment and continue your normal processing in the untouched install. If you run into compilation issues due to mixing optimized and debug code, you may need to compile your entire test installation with debugging turned on. Use the "-debug -makefiles" flag to $ADL_HOME/script/build_adl.pl. It should then build with the -g compiler flag.
Kevin Bisanz
Raytheon Company
wzchen

Post by wzchen »

The core file is under the output directory which I pointed it to another disk on the same machine. I forgot check there.

It happened to all the granules. The one I tested is NPP000536284776. I just update the core file "core.25570" and "RNSCA-RVIRS_npp_d20130704_t1649219_e1650473_b08730_c20130704230401277472_noaa_ops.h5" to the ftp.

Yes, both debug command didn't work. I will test it again with debug option on.

Thanks,
wzchen

Post by wzchen »

The core file is in my unpacked input directory not output.

I followed your instruction, got the following results:
(gdb) list
97 ProSdrViirsGeo::calcModFromImg
98 (
99 viirsSdrGeoPtrs* ptrs,
100 ProSdrCmnGeo *geoPtr
101 )
102 {
103 DEBUG_MED(ProCmnLogger::getLogger(), "calcModFromImg() entered");
105 const Int32 UL = 0;
106 const Int32 UR = 1;
(gdb) print ptrs
$1 = (viirsSdrGeoPtrs *) 0x7f27e36b846c
(gdb)
kbisanz

Post by kbisanz »

So you compiled in debug mode and it still cores?

If you do a "where" in gdb on the core file it should give you the usual stack trace, but line numbers as well. Then you can do a "list x" where x is the line number from the stack trace. You should be able to examine variables using "print" too in an attempt to find the issue.

I downloaded your RDR and and it is not coring for me.
Kevin Bisanz
Raytheon Company