SDR TcEarth

wzchen

SDR TcEarth

Post by wzchen »

Hi,

I am running test data for SDR TcEarth which is "OMPS-TCDIAGNOSTIC-RDR". However, I can not start the run because the ADL complained that the granule ID was invalid. Could you please let me know how can I fix it?

0006 d20120929_t0503573_e0503574_b04779
NPP000295670383

Constructing Algorithm Chain...
Error - Invalid Granule ID - Exiting!
tsimpson

Re: SDR TcEarth

Post by tsimpson »

Are you trying to run ProSdrOmpsTcEarth.exe? That algorithm does not take OMPS-TCDIAGNOSTIC-RDR as input. Its input is OMPS-TCSCIENCE-RDR. The granule ID you supplied is not valid for OMPS-TCSCIENCE-RDR.
Todd Simpson
Raytheon Company
wzchen

Post by wzchen »

I see. That is the test data what we got. Is there any way we can make it to run "OMPS-TCDIAGNOSTIC-RDR" as input?
Thanks,
tsimpson

Post by tsimpson »

There's no easy way to make it run with OMPS-TCDIAGNOSTIC-RDR as input. The algorithms delivered with ADL are the same as those in the operational IDPS system. IDPS does not have an algorithm to process OMPS-TCDIAGNOSTIC-RDR, so ADL does not have one either.

I asked some of the ADL developers for help on this, and received the following suggestions:

1) Write a completely new algorithm from scratch. The best place to look for that would be the ADL user manual part 2. There may also be some slides from previous workshops on the UW ADL Download page (http://download.ssec.wisc.edu/files/adl/) that would be helpful. (Note: you have to register with your email address to use the download page)

2) Modify an existing algorithm (e.g. OMPS TC Earth View SDR) to accept the APID of OMPS-TCDIAGNOSTIC-RDR as valid. Then the actual processing would also need to be written.

They thought the second idea would be easier, but it would still involve a good deal of work.
Todd Simpson
Raytheon Company