ADL_Unpacke segmentation fault (core dumped)

Issues related to runtime execution of algorithms in ADL
scottm

Re: ADL_Unpacke segmentation fault (core dumped)

Post by scottm »

That looks like a problem with your path, I recommend checking you DCONFIG path to make sure it really exists. Copy the path out of where you have it set and do an ls command with it.
scottm

Post by scottm »

This could be a path problem with the DCONFIG variable. try doing ls with the value of DCONFIG, it should not produce an error.
zion0210

Post by zion0210 »

Hi all,

I working with ADL v.4.2. and used next installation instruction:
https://jpss.ssec.wisc.edu/jpss-data/ht ... lation.pdf

My OS is Centos Release 6.6.

May be must i used other installation instruction or other ADL version?

My main target is de-aggregating viirs/cris/atms RDR files.
NAGG not supported this format, therefore i try be used ADL.

May be can i used other solution?

Regards,
zion0210
tsimpson

Post by tsimpson »

From your earlier message, it looks like you were having a segmentation fault because DCONFIG was not defined in your environment. Line 163 of ADL_Main.cpp would cause a segmentation fault because the getenv function returns a null pointer in this case.

After that, you say you ran the command "export DCONFIG=$DCONFIG" before running the Unpacker. If DCONFIG was not defined, this would define it to be an empty string, and then ADL_Main.cpp would try to open "/unpacker.xml", which doesn't exist. This would cause the SINGLETON_NOT_CREATED_ERR you reported.

Based on your earlier messages, you seem to have ADL_HOME defined in your environment. In that case, you should be able to set up the rest of your environment by running either "source $ADL_HOME/build/envSetup.csh" or "source $ADL_HOME/build/envSetup.ksh", depending on which shell you are using.

After running the appropriate 'source' command for your shell, try the following command:

cat $DCONFIG/unpacker.xml

This should dump the contents of the unpacker.xml file to the screen. If it produces a "No such file or directory" message, then there is something wrong with your ADL installation.
Todd Simpson
Raytheon Company
zion0210

Post by zion0210 »

Hi Todd,

you are right, i must was add "source envSetup.ksh" instead of set DCONFIG.

Code: Select all

$ export CSPP_HOME=$CSPP_HOME ; source ${CSPP_HOME}/common/ADL/build/envSetup.ksh ; ADL_Unpacker.exe RNSCA-RVIRS_*.h5
${ADL_HOME}/build/envSetup.ksh: line 228: ulimit: core file size: cannot modify limit: Operation not permitted
FATAL ERROR :
Exception Stack:
> Exception encountered in 'DDSASC_H5Unpackager.cpp', method 'DDSASC_H5Unpackager', line 120
> Exception encountered in 'DDSASC_H5Unpackager.cpp', method 'setDMSManager()', line 424 : Failed to find file : <ADL_UNPACK_OUTPUT_DIR UNDEFINED>
First error was because of "ulimit -c unlimited":
envSetup.ksh: line 228: ulimit: core file size: cannot modify limit: Operation not permitted

About Second error i don't know.

Regards,
zion0210
zion0210

Post by zion0210 »

Hi all,

at long last! ADL_Unpacker.exe to work!

It was need to:

Code: Select all

export CSPP_HOME=${CSPP_HOME} ;
source ${ADL_HOME}/build/envSetup.ksh ;
export ADL_UNPACK_OUTPUT_DIR=${ADL_UNPACK_OUTPUT_DIR} ;
ADL_Unpacker.exe RNSCA-RVIRS_npp_*.h5
May be i not was attentive and not saw this information in Manual.

Now be need run ADL_Packer.exe :D.

Thank all for your help.

Regards,
zion0210