CLAVRX running error on ubuntu

Amal

CLAVRX running error on ubuntu

Post by Amal »

Hello,
I am trying to run the command run_clavrx.sh on ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS, but I need to run it three times before it can work. The first and the second time it gives me the following error:

Acquiring grid files...
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/media/smiej/viirs_data/viirs/VIIRS_Data/CSPP/CLAVRx_2_0/ShellB3/bin/get_clavrx_f12h", line 9, in <module>
load_entry_point('cspp-ancil==0.1.0', 'console_scripts', 'get_clavrx_f12h')()
File "/media/smiej/viirs_data/viirs/VIIRS_Data/CSPP/CLAVRx_2_0/ShellB3/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cspp_ancil-0.1.0-py2.7.egg/cspp_ancil/entry.py", line 77, in clavrx_f12h
print _clavrx_f12h()
File "/media/smiej/viirs_data/viirs/VIIRS_Data/CSPP/CLAVRx_2_0/ShellB3/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cspp_ancil-0.1.0-py2.7.egg/cspp_ancil/entry.py", line 63, in _clavrx_f12h
processed = [gfs.convert_grib_hdf(r) for r in locals]
File "/media/smiej/viirs_data/viirs/VIIRS_Data/CSPP/CLAVRx_2_0/ShellB3/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cspp_ancil-0.1.0-py2.7.egg/cspp_ancil/datasets/gfs.py", line 42, in convert_grib_hdf
raise RuntimeError, "encountered error while converting %s to %s, command:\n%s" % (local, out, cmd)
RuntimeError: encountered error while converting /media/smiej/viirs_data/viirs/VIIRS_Data/CSPP/CLAVRx_2_0/dynamic/gfs/gfs.t06.150410.pgrbf12 to /media/smiej/viirs_data/viirs/VIIRS_Data/CSPP/CLAVRx_2_0/dynamic/gfs/gfs.15041006_F012.hdf, command:
convert_grib_hdf 4 ZXY gfs.t06.150410.pgrbf12 /media/smiej/viirs_data/viirs/VIIRS_Data/CSPP/CLAVRx_2_0/bin// /media/smiej/viirs_data/viirs/VIIRS_Data/CSPP/CLAVRx_2_0/dynamic/gfs/ /media/smiej/viirs_data/viirs/VIIRS_Data/CSPP/CLAVRx_2_0/dynamic/gfs/ 0 &> /dev/null
nickb

Re: CLAVRX running error on ubuntu

Post by nickb »

Hi,

Is it always exactly three times? I suspect what might be happening is that the file download is getting interrupted for some reason, and you received an incomplete file the first two times.

Next time you get this error, could you check the size and md5 of the downloaded GFS file? I've bolded the file location in your example:

Acquiring grid files...
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/media/smiej/viirs_data/viirs/VIIRS_Data/CSPP/CLAVRx_2_0/ShellB3/bin/get_clavrx_f12h", line 9, in <module>
load_entry_point('cspp-ancil==0.1.0', 'console_scripts', 'get_clavrx_f12h')()
File "/media/smiej/viirs_data/viirs/VIIRS_Data/CSPP/CLAVRx_2_0/ShellB3/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cspp_ancil-0.1.0-py2.7.egg/cspp_ancil/entry.py", line 77, in clavrx_f12h
print _clavrx_f12h()
File "/media/smiej/viirs_data/viirs/VIIRS_Data/CSPP/CLAVRx_2_0/ShellB3/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cspp_ancil-0.1.0-py2.7.egg/cspp_ancil/entry.py", line 63, in _clavrx_f12h
processed = [gfs.convert_grib_hdf(r) for r in locals]
File "/media/smiej/viirs_data/viirs/VIIRS_Data/CSPP/CLAVRx_2_0/ShellB3/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cspp_ancil-0.1.0-py2.7.egg/cspp_ancil/datasets/gfs.py", line 42, in convert_grib_hdf
raise RuntimeError, "encountered error while converting %s to %s, command:\n%s" % (local, out, cmd)
RuntimeError: encountered error while converting /media/smiej/viirs_data/viirs/VIIRS_Data/CSPP/CLAVRx_2_0/dynamic/gfs/gfs.t06.150410.pgrbf12 to /media/smiej/viirs_data/viirs/VIIRS_Data/CSPP/CLAVRx_2_0/dynamic/gfs/gfs.15041006_F012.hdf, command:
convert_grib_hdf 4 ZXY gfs.t06.150410.pgrbf12 /media/smiej/viirs_data/viirs/VIIRS_Data/CSPP/CLAVRx_2_0/bin// /media/smiej/viirs_data/viirs/VIIRS_Data/CSPP/CLAVRx_2_0/dynamic/gfs/ /media/smiej/viirs_data/viirs/VIIRS_Data/CSPP/CLAVRx_2_0/dynamic/gfs/ 0 &> /dev/null

If you could run ls -l <file> and md5sum <file> for me, I could compare them to the same file on our server.