ProCmnValidateAncDictionarySize.exe fails to build

Issues related to installation of ADL
jadavis5

Re: ProCmnValidateAncDictionarySize.exe fails to build

Post by jadavis5 »

Using Jim Baird's post as a guide, I recompiled my lapack, slatec with -fno-underscoring. I did not have to re-compile dcdflib as it already had the -fno-underscoring flag set.
I used the following files from Jim Baird's post:

/ADL_3.0/ADL/SDR/VIIRS/Cal/src/spike_filter.cpp
/ADL_3.0/ADL/SDR/OMPS/nadir_profile/src/Imakefile
/ADL_3.0/ADL/SDR/OMPS/nadir_profile/cal/src/Imakefile
/ADL_3.0/ADL/SDR/OMPS/total_column/cal/src/Imakefile
/ADL_3.0/ADL/EDR/CrIMSS/src/svdlapk.f

buildAdl.ksh completed successfully!!

I ran xmled as a test and it worked.

Now I asked my PI to try some thing to see if my build is actually working and he tried this :

/data2_3400/utils/ADL_3.0/ADL/bin # ./ProSdrViirsController.exe ../cfg/dynamic/${USE_METADATA}/ProSdrViirsControllerLwFile.xml
../../util/src/InfTk_ConfigStore.cpp|325|createLwProcInstance|FILE_OPEN_ERR:../cfg/dynamic//ProSdrViirsControllerLwFile.xml
LogLog: Configurator file key inf_util_dbg_cfg_file not specified
LogLog: Configurator class key inf_util_dbg_cfg_class not specified
LogLog: Configurator aborted
tkClientInit() call failed (ProCmnAppl.cpp, line 203)

I'm hoping I'm just need to un-tar another data set provided on the DVDs.
Any suggestions on whether this error is my build is still wrong or am I just missing something ?
Any suggestions on a command I can run to test my build. I read where the Demo scripts do not work for ADL 3.0.

Thanks for any assistance,

Jim
JimBiard

Post by JimBiard »

Jim,

If your cut-and-paste of the command run is correct, then the application failed because the path to the LwFile was incorrect because the USE_METADATA environment variable isn't set, or is set to blank. If you are running from a command line, use the actual path instead of one with the environment variable, and it will probably work.

By the way, the ADL 3.0 runDemoAlgorithms.ksh script works fine. The problem was with people that were downloading an ADL 2.0 demo script, and that one won't work. Also, if you build the unittest/float application (you have to run imake with the right flags, but that works fine with build/make_one_imake.csh), then you can run the script/runAllTests.ksh script. Of course if you run the full set, you must have all the data extracted from the various tars.

Hope this helps!

Grace and peace,

Jim
Research Scholar
Cooperative Institute for Climate and Satellites
Remote Sensing and Applications Division (RSAD)
National Climatic Data Center
151 Patton Ave.
Asheville, NC 28801-5001
jadavis5

Post by jadavis5 »

Thanks for the information. Turns out, I just needed to extract a few more data tgz's and I was able to run the command and see successful completion in the log file.

Jim, I appreciate the time and effort you put into identifying the build issues and providing access to your documentation so I could get past my build woes.

Have a great day!

Jim