Sea surface temperature acspo module

ticvie

Sea surface temperature acspo module

Post by ticvie »

Hello, I have an error when using the cspp-acspo module to process noaa18 L1b data. The processing part of the log is displayed as follows:
--------------
DEBUG %options
==============
'verbose' => 2,
'dynanc' =>'/DATA/KTS_LIB/CSPP/CSPP_ACSPO_1_2/data/dynamic_ancillary',
'input_files' =>'/DATA/KTS_LIB/CSPP/testout/noaa18/input',
'granule' => 0,
'work' =>'/DATA/KTS_LIB/CSPP/testout/noaa18/acspo',
'clean' => 1,
'bias' =>'/DATA/KTS_LIB/CSPP/testout/bias',
'ghrsst' =>'by_date',
'processors' => 4,
'quarantine' => 0,
'sat' =>'n18',
'aggregate' => 1,
'nothing' => 0,
'xfiles' => 0
DEBUG %options _END_
chdir to working directory /DATA/KTS_LIB/CSPP/testout/noaa18/acspo/TMP_DsuX5V
--------------
DEBUG %sources
==============
'sim' =>'simDataConfigFile.txt',
'pcf' =>'Output_Data_Structure.txt',
'sst' =>'SST_Regression_Config.txt',
'aer' =>'aerConfigFile.txt',
'cld' =>'Cloud_Mask_Config.txt',
'sen' =>'sensorConfigFile.txt'
DEBUG %sources _END_
--------------
DEBUG %targets
==============
'sim' =>'simDataConfigFile.txt',
'pcf' =>'Output_Data_Structure.txt',
'sst' =>'SST_Regression_Config.txt',
'aer' =>'aerConfigFile.txt',
'cld' =>'Cloud_Mask_Config.txt',
'sen' =>'sensorConfigFile.txt'
DEBUG %targets _END_
run_acspo.pl::acspo_dynanc_management: INFO Fetching CMC files
run_acspo.pl::acspo_dynanc_management: INFO Fetching GFS files
Executing (time /DATA/KTS_LIB/CSPP/CSPP_ACSPO_1_2/ACSPO_V2-40_CSPP_20151120/bin/ACSPO-A_V2.40) 2> stderr.log
Chunk size 1024 will be used
Distance value 5.000000 will be used
Overlap size 15 will be used
(subroutine extractLayerLabels in sim. data module) Failed to locate a value in definition file: sfc_temp_anal=
(subroutine extractLayerLabels in sim. data module) Failed to locate a value in definition file: tpw_anal=
instrument constants file = /DATA/KTS_LIB/CSPP/CSPP_ACSPO_1_2/ACSPO_V2-40_CSPP_20151120/run/static_anc/avhrr/avhrr_18_instr.dat
WARNING!!! Nothing to do. File was dropped.
Copying bias files to /DATA/KTS_LIB/CSPP/testout/bias
Copying log files to /DATA/KTS_LIB/CSPP/testout/noaa18/acspo

And, the following information is displayed in stderr.log:
(main_module) sensor file initialization error

real 0m23.968s
user 0m18.508s
sys 0m5.403s

What should I do,
Looking forward to your help
Thank you
kathys

Re: Sea surface temperature acspo module

Post by kathys »

Hello,

Sorry that you are having problems running ASCPO.

Can you please provide us with more information?

- Were you able to run the ASCSPO installation verification as described in Section 3.2 of the Installation Guide?
- Is this the first time that you have experienced this problem, or have you seen it before?
- Have you executed the software successfully on other instrument inputs?
- What Operating System are you using?

Can you please provide us with your NOAA18 input Level 1b file? You can upload your file to our anonymous ftp site at:

ftp://ftp.ssec.wisc.edu/pub/incoming

Cheers,

Kathy
ticvie

Post by ticvie »

Hello
I have successfully run the test data that comes with ACSPO, and no errors are reported. And I also successfully run data from other sensors.
The current error I encountered is the first time I encountered it. And I only displayed this information when running noaa18 data. I have uploaded the data about noaa18 I use to the ftp site: ftp://ftp.ssec.wisc.edu/pub/incoming. The name of the data is "hrpt_noaa18_20200610_1030_11111.l1b"
thanks for your help
ticvie
jimd

Post by jimd »

Hello ticvie,

I duplicated your problem. What I found was that ACSPO_V2-40_CSPP_20151120/bin/ACSPO-A_V2.40 makes a call to FUNCTION sensor_file_init() which returns a value of zero for tot_lines (after calling unpack_avhrr_header_record_klm()).

Code: Select all

!   tot_lines             Total number of scan lines in the input file.  NOTE:
!                           The scans in the file's margin area are not included
!                           in this total.
This then causes program ACSPO-A_V2.40 to report "WARNING!!! Nothing to do. File was dropped" and to move on to next L1B file to process.

I have looked at your file hrpt_noaa18_20200610_1030_11111.l1b but I cannot find a problem with it. These are binary files and it is quite difficult to debug a data issue inside of them. To work with ACSPO, I convert these to a NOAA-packed format, so there could be an error in that conversion due to an unanticipated change in the hrpt_noaa18 file. It is a lot of work to check that out and I would need more user-reported failures to invest the time.

So I am sorry but I do not know how to solve your problem. If this is a persistent problem for you, please can you send me a selection of noaa18 L1B files that failed, any noaa18 L1B files that worked, and also some noaa19 L1B files that worked. That would help me to resolve.

-jim
ticvie

Post by ticvie »

Hello jim
At present, I have no valid noaa18 data. I can only provide you with an acspo's own test data. And I only have one valid noaa19 data. I have uploaded the data to the ftp site. The address is: ftp://ftp.ssec.wisc.edu/pub/incoming
The data are named: "hrpt_noaa18_20190811_1338_73312.l1b", "hrpt_noaa19_20200609_2131_58407.l1b"
Looking forward to your reply
ticvie
kathys

Post by kathys »

Hello Ticvie,

Thank you for posting a NOAA19 file for us to examine. We were able to successfully process this file. It contains header information that is missing from your 20200610 NOAA18 file.

I am not sure we are going to be able to resolve the problem with the NOAA18 file that you provided to us. It seems to be different from a standard direct broadcast HRPT L1b file that is produced by AAPP. What is the source of your AVHRR data? Do you have problems processing all NOAA18 HRPT AVHRR files, or is it just the file from 20200610?

Kathy
ticvie

Post by ticvie »

Hello, I would like to ask if acspo can currently process himawair-8 data? If you can handle it, which version of acspo?
Looking forward to your reply, thank you
kathys

Post by kathys »

Hello Ticvie,

The CSPP LEO ACSPO software does not support the HIMAWARI-8 AHI instrument. We do not know of any plans to support this in the future.

The NOAA ACSPO Team does produce AHI SST products. It appears the files are freely available. You can find information about it here:

https://coastwatch.noaa.gov/cw/satellit ... o-ahi.html

Sorry,

Kathy
ticvie

Post by ticvie »

Hello, I learned through attached article. I thought that acspo could handle the data of himawair-8. Thank you
Attachments
NOAA ACSPO SST and Clear-Sky mask algorithms for Himawari-8 AHI and.pdf
(784.46 KiB) Downloaded 651 times
kathys

Post by kathys »

The NOAA ACSPO software is able to provide retrievals from many polar orbiter and geostationary satellites. The software that is provided to the CSPP Low Earth Orbiter (LEO) team by NOAA includes only support for AVHRR, MODIS and VIIRS polar orbiter satellites.

Kathy