any tool to generate the binary input

Issues related to VIIRS EDR algorithms and data
lucy liu

any tool to generate the binary input

Post by lucy liu »

I need to test the new coefficient for LST. But I have no idea how to incorporate the coefficient into ADL framework.
I mean to generate the binary and a .asc file. Is there any tool which can help? Thanks
kbisanz

Re: any tool to generate the binary input

Post by kbisanz »

In part 2 of the ADL user manual ($ADL_HOME/doc/UG60917-IDP-034A_IDPS_ADL_SW_Users_Manual_Part_2.pdf), check out section "5.9 Common Tasks".

If this is a brand new LUT, you'd want section "5.9.1 Creating and Using a New Input or Output".
If this is an existing LUT and you're changing the format (i.e. adding/removing fields), you'd want section "5.9.2 Updating an Existing Input or Output Format".
If this is an existing LUT and you're just changing some values, you'd want section "5.9.3 Updating the Values in a File, but Not Changing the Format".

I'm not sure of the version of ADL you're using. My section references are from the ADL 4.0 user manual.

In general, if you need to create a brand new binary, you'll have to write a custom program (in C/C++, MatLab, etc) to produce a binary file. If you have an existing binary and just want to change a few values, try using the binary editor ($ADL_HOME/script/bined). However, the current binary editor cannot change the size of a binary file.

As for the .asc file, you basically need to copy an existing one and change the appropriate fields.

I can only speak to what's in a normal ADL install, as released by Raytheon. I'm not sure if other groups have developed a smoother way to handle this issue.
Kevin Bisanz
Raytheon Company