S-NPP SDR Version 2.1 Release

jbraun

S-NPP SDR Version 2.1 Release

Post by jbraun »

Dear Colleagues,

This message is to announce the JPSS Community Satellite Processing Package (CSPP) Suomi NPP SDR v2.1 for VIIRS, CrIS and ATMS is now available for download.

What's New in CSPP Sensor Data Record (SDR) Software Version 2.1:

- The SDR software code base has been updated to NOAA IDPS version Mx8.6 (ADL 4.2.6).
- Added logic for reconstructed VIIRS M-Band 7 quality flags using input from I-Band 2.
- Added parallelization option for aggregation. Using the -p <num_procs> option with the -a option will result in parallelization of SDR software execution and file aggregation.
- Quick look naming conventions have been standardized.
- Both the CSPP SDR V2.0 STATIC and CACHE can be reused with the V2.1 SDR software.

- Updated Code Base includes Improved VIIRS Dual-Gain Band Missing and Quality Flags.
In VIIRS SDR products created by previous versions of the CSPP SDR software, dual-gain bands (SVM01, SVM02, SVM03, SVM04, SVM05, SVM07, SVM13) would sometimes contain non-physical values in regions where data was missed during a DB pass. This caused problems such as the VIIRS Active Fire algorithm to detect spurious fire locations. In this version of the VIIRS SDR software, the missing values and quality flags for these regions are set correctly, and the VIIRS Active Fire algorithm should not detect spurious fires.

This release replaces existing installations of CSPP SDR (it is not an update).

The software, documentation and test data are all available for download at the CSPP website: http://cimss.ssec.wisc.edu/cspp/

The CSPP SDR package includes the following unique features:

- All are based on the Algorithm Development Library (ADL) code base released by the JPSS Project
- Executable codes have been compiled and tested for efficient runtime performance
- Multicore processing capability is available via user-selectable command line options
- Calibration lookup table (LUT) updates are automated via user-callable scripts
- Ancillary data discovery, download, and pre-processing is automated via user-callable scripts
- HDF5 product files may be aggregated and internally compressed via user-selectable command line options
- Timely and helpful software support is available from the CSPP team at cspp_issues@ssec.wisc.edu

System requirements are:

- Intel or AMD CPU with 64-bit instruction support,
- 16 GB RAM, plus an additional 8GB of RAM for every core that is used for CSPP VIIRS SDR processing.
- CentOS 6 64-bit Linux (or other compatible 64-bit Linux distribution.
- 100 GB disk space.

The CSPP software packages are based on the Algorithm Development Library (ADL) software developed by Raytheon for the JPSS Project. ADL allows the operational processing algorithms for Suomi NPP to run without modification in a Linux environment. SSEC has packaged the ADL versions of the Suomi NPP algorithms so they can run from the Linux command line in real-time direct broadcast mode, but we have not changed the underlying processing software, algorithms, or data formats. The output files created by this software are identical in naming, format (HDF5), and structure to the corresponding files from the NOAA/NESDIS CLASS archive.
Regards,

The JPSS CSPP Team
damir

Re: S-NPP SDR Version 2.1 Release

Post by damir »

I don't unzip major archive CSPP_SDR_V2.1.tar.gz. I have errors:

~/CSPP-$ tar xf ../CSPP_SDR_V2.1.tar.gz
tar: SDR_2_1/common/quicklook/cspp_quicklooks.core-0.1-py2.7.egg: Cannot open: File exists
tar: SDR_2_1/common/quicklook/cspp_quicklooks.sdr-0.1-py2.7.egg: Cannot open: File exists
tar: SDR_2_1/common/quicklook/polar2grid.core-1.2.0-py2.7.egg: Cannot open: File exists
tar: SDR_2_1/common/quicklook/polar2grid.viirs-1.2.0-py2.7.egg: Cannot open: File exists
tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors

Why i can have this erorrs? I have ubuntu-server-14.04. But CSPP_SDR_V2.0 is excellent work into this operation system.
jbraun

Post by jbraun »

Dear Sir,

We are looking into your issue. We believe there may be an issue with the unpacking of the tar files. Our programmers are looking into testing this issue further. We will follow up after this investigation.

Thanks,

Jess Braun
damir

Post by damir »

Thanks!

I has problem only with bad file on my computer!

Damir
jbraun

Post by jbraun »

The CSPP Team has fixed an issue with the creation of the CSPP_SDR_V2.1.tar.gz tar file. This error only impacted the way the tar file was created, and has no impact on the contents or functionality. The updated files are available on the CSPP download site. We apologize for this inconvenience.

If any user comes across a problems with their tar files downloaded prior to today, please grab a new copy from the CSPP download site and retry the installation. If you have further issues, please contact the CSPP team.

Regards,

The JPSS CSPP Team