A problem with getting CSPP-HSRTV up and running

Cross-track Infrared Sounder Environmental Data Records
bingo

A problem with getting CSPP-HSRTV up and running

Post by bingo »

Dear developer,
I have a problem with getting CSPP-HSRTV up and running. After I configured the environment variables according to the documentation and installed the software, I tried to run the files in the test documentation, but kept getting an error saying I was missing parameters. But it's not like that. My parameters are not missing. I wonder if my environment variables are incorrectly configured (I'm new to Linux) or if I'm typing the wrong commands. Looking forward to your reply and help.

Set the HS_RET_DIR environment variable
(base) root@test-virtual-machine:/usr/CSPP/CSPP_UW_HSRTV_V2.0# export HS_RET_DIR=/usr/CSPP/CSPP_UW_HSRTV_V2.0/CSPP_UW_HSRTV_2_0
(base) root@test-virtual-machine:/usr/CSPP/CSPP_UW_HSRTV_V2.0# source $HS_RET_DIR/env/uw_hs_l2.bash_env
Running the Software
(base) root@test-virtual-machine:/usr/CSPP/CSPP_UW_HSRTV_V2.0# cd /usr/CSPP/CSPP_UW_HSRTV_V2.0/CSPP_UW_HSRTV_2_0/run
(base) root@test-virtual-machine:/usr/CSPP/CSPP_UW_HSRTV_V2.0/CSPP_UW_HSRTV_2_0/run# run_HSRTV.scr 1 /usr/CSPP/CSPP_UW_HSRTV_V2.0/CSPP_UW_HSRTV_2_0/test/input AIRS.2018.01.28.194.L1B.AIRS_Rad.v5.0.23.0.G18029153841.hdf
End
Usage: run_DR_RTV.scr INSTRUMENT_ID INPUT_DIR
where
INSTRUMENT_ID is 1 (AIRS), 2 (IASI) or 3 (CrIS)
INPUT_DIR is the full path and name of Level 1 input file directory
kathys

Re: A problem with getting CSPP-HSRTV up and running

Post by kathys »

Hello,

If I am reading the command you are using to execute the software correctly, this is it:

run_HSRTV.scr 1 /usr/CSPP/CSPP_UW_HSRTV_V2.0/CSPP_UW_HSRTV_2_0/test/input AIRS.2018.01.28.194.L1B.AIRS_Rad.v5.0.23.0.G18029153841.hdf

The command should be on your machine:

run_HSRTV.scr 1 /usr/CSPP/CSPP_UW_HSRTV_V2.0/CSPP_UW_HSRTV_2_0/test/input

I think the problem with your execution is that have an extra argument in your command. You do not need the file name (AIRS.2018.01.28.194.L1B.AIRS_Rad.v5.0.23.0.G18029153841.hdf) in your command line.

Good luck.

Kathy
bingo

Post by bingo »

hello kathy,
Thank you very much for your answer. It was very useful. I successfully solved the problem.It was a small mistake, but it really cost me a lot of time. But I have a new problem. :shock: The CSPP HSRTV requires access to dynamic secondary data GDAS or GFS, according to the documentation. These data are identified and fetched from the University of Wisconsin ancillary archive site automatically as part of the CSPP HSRTV execution at:ftp://ftp.ssec.wisc.edu/pub/eosdb/ancillary
When I run it again, I encounter a new error. The error content is as follows.
ln: failed to create symbolic link './EXTEMP_COEF.le.bin': File exists
Processing /usr/CSPP/CSPP_UW_HSRTV_V2.0/CSPP_UW_HSRTV_2_0/test/input/AIRS.2018.01.28.194.L1B.AIRS_Rad.v5.0.23.0.G18029153841.hdf
radFile : /usr/CSPP/CSPP_UW_HSRTV_V2.0/CSPP_UW_HSRTV_2_0/test/input/AIRS.2018.01.28.194.L1B.AIRS_Rad.v5.0.23.0.G18029153841.hdf
/usr/CSPP/CSPP_UW_HSRTV_V2.0/CSPP_UW_HSRTV_2_0/static_ancillary/AIRS_good_indices_1246.txt
/usr/CSPP/CSPP_UW_HSRTV_V2.0/CSPP_UW_HSRTV_2_0/scripts/run_HSRTV.scr: /usr/CSPP/CSPP_UW_HSRTV_V2.0/CSPP_UW_HSRTV_2_0/scripts/get_anc_gdas_gfs.csh: /bin/csh: bad interpreter: No such file or directory
Could not find correct matching gdas or gfs file
Looking forward to your reply and help!
kathys

Post by kathys »

Hello,

What operating system are you using for your virtual machine?

The error message means that you do not have csh (C Shell) installed. You can try to install it by running this command:

sudo apt-get install csh

Please let me know if this fixes your problem.

Kathy
bingo

Post by bingo »

Hello Kathy,

Thank you very much for your help. I have successfully run the test file and the problem was solved after installing csh. The operating system I am using is Ubuntu-20.04, which is a virtual machine. I will then transfer the work to the workstation.
Please accept my thanks again. Your advice is of great help to me, which will motivate me to learn more about Linux system and CSPP-HSRTV. If there are any questions later, please help me again, best wish.
-- bingo from Nanjing