GEOCAT GEODB missing values

ThorpeAJ

GEOCAT GEODB missing values

Post by ThorpeAJ »

Hello,

I was trying to process older AHI HSD data, and kept on getting errors when pulling from the geodb website (https://geodb.ssec.wisc.edu/ancillary/) for dates around 2020 and also 2022_01_01 through 2022_01_10 and was wondering why there is missing ancillary data for both that year and date range. Is there a possible update to this database with updated legacy ancillary values, or should I change some default options in the processing script?

Thanks,
Andrew
kathys

Re: GEOCAT GEODB missing values

Post by kathys »

Hello Andrew,

The CSPP Geo ancillary online archive is limited to the most recent ~3 months and then specific days that are used for testing and verification. The main use case is to support near-real-time direct broadcast users. However, we do have a complete archive stored offline, but have not found a good way to make it accessible online yet.

We are happy to populate a given set of days online for a short time, as long as it is limited to 7 days or less. We can also find another way to provide ancillary files to you if you have a large amount of data that you want to process. Just let us know.

Kathy
ThorpeAJ

Post by ThorpeAJ »

Hi Kathy,

Thanks for the clarity, if you could populate the database with dates 2022-01-07 through 2022-01-12 that would be great. For now I don't need all the ancillary files, but I'll keep you updated just incase.

Thanks,
Andrew
kathys

Post by kathys »

Hello Andrew,

The ancillary data for the days that you requested have been staged at the online archive. I recommend executing the GEOCAT software for these dates as soon as possible, as the ancillary files will be automatically scrubbed after a couple of days.

Please let us know if you need any other assistance.

We are also be interested in finding out how you are using the GEOCAT output?

Cheers,

Kathy
ThorpeAJ

Post by ThorpeAJ »

Hi Kathy,

We might use the full ancillary dataset later but for now it is not needed, much thanks again for the help. I'm currently affiliated with, and using the output for GEOIPS.

Thanks,
Andrew